Electricity Generation Programmes
The Electricity Generation Programmes will give participants a general introduction to the design, the systems and components including basic operational principles of the gas and hydro power plant.
Who should attend?
- Power Generation & Transmission Companies
- Oil & Gas Production Companies
- Government Agencies & Regulators
- EPC Contractors
- Financial Institutions
- Legal Firms
- Industry Associations
- Business consultants involved in the Power Sector
- Architects & Contractors involved in design
Delegates will gain skills and knowledge on the following;
- Operating procedures and routines of power plant
- Routines during normal operation and symptoms/action in abnormal situations
- Five main parts of a steam turbine system
- Operating principle of an impulse turbine and a reaction turbine.
- Tandem compound and cross compound.
- Turbine efficiency using a condenser.
- How an overspeed trip is activated.
- Causes of turbine rotor vibration.
- Reason for bearing failure in a turbine.
- Preventive maintenance techniques
- Predictive Maintenance.